Setting a goal is the first step in turning the invisible into visible (Tony Robbins).
Everything in life has stages and it is very good to approach life with some carefully planned steps. Years do come and go and history repeats itself. By the end of each year many of us will ask ourselves “ooh 2015 is almost gone……How come?….2014 was just yesterday.” I guess it is because we didn’t have action plan on how we have spent 2014, and neither will we have in 2015 if we don’t have written goals on how we should have a life purpose in this year. Goal setting is a strategy that helps people go through life smoothly. Yes, the road is rough and the formula of a better life varies, but one formula is true, the higher the risk of you achieving your goal, the higher the return. Actually no risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done, and the road of success is always under construction.
Every New Year, the idea of goal setting strikes in our heads and we hope this time our New Year resolutions works. Aren’t we all having something we want to achieve in our life-time? Be it be the fervent to be a doctor, scholar, artist, or build a house of our own, you name it. The big question is, what are you doing now to get closer to that goal? If the goal you set to yourself doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you. Also you don’t have to get lost in changing every bit of your life to just fit in.
IMPORTANCE OF SETTING GOALS
- Setting goals helps us determine what is important to us.Your goals are your guidelines and they define you. A man is nothing but, what he strives for ( Quran,53:39).
- It helps the person to have some self-sufficiency, and peace of mind.
- It helps us manage our most important resource (time).
- Goals do boost confidence.
- It helps the person to be more responsible.
HOW TO SET ACHIEVABLE GOALS
- Start with things you like and enjoy- people perfect with what they enjoy doing most. Therefore, make a habit of doing the things you like most.
- Have a Tawakul- when setting goals trust yourself and have the Emaan that everything happiness according God’s plan.
- Define your goals- make SMART goals ( Specific, Measurable, achievable, realistic and time bound).
5. Persevere- don’t change your goals now and then. Don’t get caught up with big thing. Big or small be persistent.
6. Work hard towards your goals and one at a time – things don’t come your way just like that, and luck is not a coincidence, so work hard for everything you want in life. Have some patience when things don’t go your way. Work your goals in bits so they don’t overwhelm you.
7. Edit where and when needed- ideas and things change therefore be flexible.
8. Keep your goals in few numbers- set certain goals and achieve them and one at a time.
There is simply no way you can grow without taking chances, so write your goals today and let us achieve it.