- What is one thing that is dear to you? is it a love for a persons or a thing? Where do you hold that thing/person?
- How does it excite you? Or how urge do you want that thing?
- What made that thing so special? Or what elevated it to that level?
Answering those questions alone make us happy all over again…..Gosh!
Humans are always in pursuit of happiness ( wanting that one new big thing……for sure that never ends) Although there is no one formula to happiness, but we all know that the simpler the life the happier we get; because happiness is a state of mind.
Many times in your life you find yourself feeling sad, stressed or unhappy just because few things went to south. Yes, that happens to almost all of us all the time, and it made us forget if we ever had any good things … How forgetful and ungrateful creatures are we?
You know why you are not happy?
At least I (and may be people like me) are not happy because: for a long time we have been enslaved by our thoughts and other people’s opinion.
- I switched positions- I haven’t arranged things accordingly. Worldly life got into my best and most import part of my body-my heart. And the source all happiness (Allah SWT-God) into my hand unintentionally- i have never intended to do so. who do i blame now? Of course me.
- I cared too much what others think of me..what they say about me… to be exact opinions mattered a lot to me.. Am I watched? what do they think of me? i cant fail…just for them… their happiness were my happiness- don’t get me wrong i care about people a lot, but not all of them anymore.
- I was constantly in a state of fear of losing it/them. Do you really think you can make it to the finishing line if you lose certain things or people? … Don’t you dare think of losing that? i have never thought i can handle the emptiness and the void of losing things..it has been my weakness.
- Clearly i sought and ran after a shadow (Dunia-world). Things after another ..distraction after another…and it made me feeble.
The realization process
- I came to realize I couldn’t help but lose myself in the process of pursuing the happy world, the happy me and the happy people.I am sure am not alone in this. And just realizing this is all that matters now.
- I have realized happiness is not a permanent so as distress. I can only be happy if my Creator is pleased with me. This may sound bit of a cliché to some people…. but hey it is what it is… No matter how much we love in this life it will always have some deficiency in quantity and quality wise to hereafter, so be careful what you are striving for.
- Yes, opinions of others matter but be watchful what you take to your heart. Put things and people on perspective. Give love and take, but not negativity.
- There is no such thing as throwback Tuesday in real life… as yesterday will not repeat itself. you can improve yourself today and have open-minded for tomorrow as we don’t know if we will have that.
- Learn to depend on Allah SWT for everything as nothings goes out or comes your way without His permission….. Pray if you are a believer. InshaAllah (Allah’s will) thing will change for the better.
“When you have friends, don’t expect your friends to fill your emptiness. When you get married, don’t expect your spouse to fulfill your every need. When you’re an activist, don’t put your hope in the results. When you’re in trouble don’t depend on yourself. Don’t depend on people. Depend on Allah.”-Yasmin Mogahed
- Mistakes are what shaped us to who we are today…. Learn from them and let it go. “Know that transformation sometimes begins with a fall. So never curse the fall.The ground is where humility lives..”-Yasmin Mogahed
- You don’t need to proof nobody right or wrong. For your happiness sake strive for the better. Be better version of you.. just for you…and for your self-worth.
“Nothing is difficult if you seek it through your Lord, and nothing is easy if you seek it through yourself.” Yasmin Mogahed
Love and Peace,