Last week I was invited to an Islamic forum. The forum was about the path to success. Often, when i attend a forum it is either too boring, too clinical/complex or too much for my liking, so i doze off, but to my surprise I was attentive, excited, taking notes and whatnot. I was very much alive, I guess the speakers were way too convincing and I am a fan of almost all the sheikhs that spoke on that day so, it worked well for me anyways.
What hit me hard was ”Probably you guys are thinking success like hitting the jackpot once , and you are sorted out for good.” said the Sheikh. Mind you, not because I didn’t know that success is a never-ending process, but it hit me because the Sheikh challenged my way of understanding ‘the success’ itself. Your Emaan is your success. That was it.
Your path to success is strengthening your faith (Emaan) so work on reviving your faith and you are sorted out.
Reviving your Emaan will give you:
- Prestige (Izzah)- People will love you and respect you.
The Prophet (SAWS) said, “When Allah loves a slave, calls out to Jibril and says: ‘I love so-and-so; so love him’. Then Jibril loves him. After that he (Jibril) announces to the inhabitants of heavens that Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; and the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him and then make people on earth love him”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
- Help- God will help you in every step of your life
Mu’awiya reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If Allah intends goodness for someone, he gives him understanding of the religion.”
- Calmness (Sakina)
“Those who Believed and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah:
verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.” Quran
- Peace- isn’t it what everybody wants?
Now what more success would you ever ask for?
Process Of Recharging your Emaan:
- Intention- Have the will to boost it
- Forgiveness- Do astaghfar as much as you can every time
- Gratitude- Be grateful
- Increase your Elmi- learn the Deen
- Read the Quran- with the intention of understanding it
- Honesty- be honest, truthful and trustworthy
- Relationships-be careful with who you be a friend with
- Da’wa- Spread the word of Allah and represent your religion
Are you seeing success from a different angle now? Please comment your thoughts below.
Love & Peace